Gas Credit Cards
Source : cloudfront.net
Like a slow but steady rise in the gas prices is witnessed as compared to much lesser prices in the previous years, the majority of citizens around the world feel the pinch in their pockets. This increase in gas prices is very slowly but surely devouring the monthly budgets of those middle-class people for whom buying a car is a necessity and not a luxury. It’s true that the average citizen has no control over the price of fuel like gas, and so one can very well benefit from lucrative offers on credit cards that provide good discounts and cash back offers, especially when one purchases fuel using the gas credit card.
There are many credit cards around the world having good tie-ups with oil and gas companies all across the world and are issued as co-branded cards. Other than these, there are also credit cards offering fuel rewards. Opting for these might make purchasing household fuels like gas slightly cheaper.
Features Of Gas Credit Cards:
Source : s3-media4.fl.yelpcdn.com
- Before one opts for a credit card especially to cater to one’s gas purchasing needs, it’s necessary to make sure the card is accepted at most of the gas centers or the ones. If that’s not the case, then one may end up losing out hugely on the potential benefits of the credit card.
Source : mabuhaymiles.com
- It’s necessary to keep in mind that most credit cards do charge an annual fee. However, one can have this fee waived off if one decides to spend a minimum amount of money on an annual basis, as directed by their respective banks. So before one decides to opt for the credit card, it’s necessary to make sure that one knows the terms and conditions properly associated with it.
Source : firstunitedcu.org
- Apart from savings on gas fuel one can also check the various additional perks available on their card so that the concerned cardholder can receive rewards even when using your card at locations other than gas centers.
Source : experiencetherock.com
- It’s also necessary to make sure that the reward points added to the card account can be redeemed efficiently without complications.
The best gas credit card is Blue Cash Preferred Card. Along with it cards from other companies are also mentioned.
- Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express –
Source : creditkarmacdn-a.akamaihd.net
The Blue Cash Preferred Card issued from American Express definitely has one of the best gas rewards programs around i.e about 3% unlimited cash back on purchases at all U.S. gas stations, without any spending caps whatsoever or other restrictions. One can also earn about 6% cash back on supermarket purchases reaching up to $6,000 per year. In addition, one gets 1% cash back on all non-gas and non-supermarket purchases, with no limits whatsoever. However, there’s a $95 annual fee attached to the scheme. Other benefits included are a nice welcome offer in addition to a generous intro APR period. One can also redeem the cash back rewards as a statement credit, gift card, and general merchandise, starting at just $25.
- Costco Anywhere Visa® Card by Citi –
Source : fico.i.lithium.com
The Costco Anywhere Visa® Card by Citi has a much generous gas benefit of 4% cashback on the first gas purchase of $7,000 transacted each year. The rate applies on gas purchased at all U.S. gas stations, and not just Costco filling hubs. Reaching above the $7,000 spending threshold, gas purchases earn an unlimited 1% cashback. Where certain restaurant and travel purchases earn an unlimited 3% cashback worldwide, Costco purchases earn unlimited 2% cash-back both in store and online. All other purchases conducted earn and unlimited of 1% cash back. This card has a drawback i.e the $60 annual fee issued for regular cardholders. Like all other warehouse stores, Costco charges an annual membership fee, and one won’t qualify for this card without paying the fee. That being said, Costco membership also promises deep savings for frequent shoppers, so this is definitely one of those credit card annual fees which pays for itself without issuing much trouble. An addition of foreign transaction fee waiver beautifies the offer even more.